In conversation with Priya Kumar
About our guest
In her 25 years journey as a Motivational Speaker, Bestselling Indian Author and Keynote Speaker from India, Priya Kumar has worked with over 2000 Multi-National Corporates across 47 countries and has touched over 3 million people through her workshops and books, and is the only Woman Speaker in India to have done so.
She is the Bestselling Indian Author of 12 Inspirational Books and the only Indian Author who has won 37 International Awards for her books. Her book "I Will Go With You" has been made into a webseries "The Final Call" which is streaming now on ZEE5.
Priya Kumar is also a fire walking instructor, trained by the Sundoor firewalking school (a US-based educational centre). She is India’s first certified fire walk instructor.
- Priya Kumar started her public speaking career at an early age. She believes that human beings, despite being the most superior species on earth, most people are afraid to try new things and require constant motivation.
- If you have a product that triggers interest and at the same time promises value, the selling becomes easy.
- Her sessions tell the audience to look at problems logically and not emotionally. She believes that a problem can never be solved if your standpoint is fear. It should rather be courage and curiosity.
- The public speaking industry has evolved and due to the information overflow (courtesy the world wide web), the audience have access to a lot of relevant information. Hence the speakers need to provide real take-home value and advice to audience which benefits them in their personal and professional lives.
- USPs of her training sessions: storytelling and unique training activities including the Fire Walk, the Rod Bending, the Board Break and the Glass Walk.
- Walk the talk is her advice to budding corporate trainers and public speakers. In her own words “If you want people to listen to you and you to have a positive influence on them, then you should be the biggest testimony”
- Wind beneath her wings: her grandparents and her mother
- Favourite movie/television show: Friends
- Favourite Sports Personality: Pullela Gopichand