The Changing Landscape Of Publishing in India
Traditionally whenever we walk into a library or a book fair we love browsing through books, the touch, the feel and holding a book in hand is something out of this world, but with digital trends fast taking over, the publishing industry too is making major changes.
Now that people hardly have time or space for a physical book, audiobook platforms are being introduced for public.
Even educational institutions are using various platforms for delivering content to their students. So, what is it that one needs to understand when it comes to new trends in Indian publishing?
Why are trends changing?
The pivotal focus of the changing trend is to draw traffic to web properties of the content owners. Digital publishing is taking over traditional publishing as they are targeting niche visitors, introducing e-books and are expanding their reach over various social media platforms.
They are putting forth their effort in SEO and growing their audience for achieving big marketing and sales targets.
New trends in the Digital Publishing Industry
- It is all about building audience wherein the whole process is designed, another reason being monetizing traffic that would help them generate revenue.
- The platform for providing digital content faces challenges with speed and infrastructure, podcasting and 4K video is all about fully optimizing website design that would give the best experience to the user.
- Mobile users would only stay where they get quick response with the website, wherein the content would load quickly without any glitch.
- More skilled manpower. Requirement of IT experts is essential for digital publishing industry as tech savvy experts can manage and handle content online and help convert traditional print to digital medium.
- Digital publication tools, launch timing, integration of engaging content and the whole process require efficiency in the AI enabled system.
- The basics are to be handled like strategies related to SEO and also the use of AI to that is much required by the print publications for building online audience. Good SEO helps increase Google ranking and Indexing that is the highlight of this new publishing trend.
- Creating platforms that would aim to reach a specific audience set, collect data and focus it on growing niche segment. For this reason WordPress is forever expanding in selling stories online and creating a digital platform for writers world over.
- The architecture and layout of the website is the most important aspect and as important as the content itself that would determine website visitors and SEO into drawing visitors. Distribution of information and personalized results over the internet is where consumer base is going to grow.
- Building online brand loyalty for digital consumers by developing content that provides unique experience and having customer service on click of button will help cultivate a digital community.
So, what could be the next trend ?
- Small publishers will begin changing their publishing business and hone the niche.
- Valued content will be provided to the audience through various mediums.
- Audio trends are more likely to take an upward swing in coming time.
- Redefining marketing budgets and use of SEO will grow for audience engagement.
- Collaborations and digital partnerships are likely to increase in times to come.
- Podcasting will grow as a self-publishing platform by young authors/writers.
- Instant content access is more likely to engage digital subscribers.
In conclusion to it all the print shall still remain in decades to come; after all book-lovers all over the world are still very much in love with the physical feel that a book gives, however, digital publishing is the trend that will continue to grow.
The digital publishing trend will grow due to the young audience that like to engage in content through their mobile devices or other e-learning modes.