Laal Singh Chaddha to Sooryavanshi, 11 Indian comedy movies releasing in 2021
Due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic in 2020, the government ordered all the theatres to shut down. For all the movie goers who love to watch movies every weekend, this was a huge blow. But towards the end of 2020, theatres started opening up, and makers have finally decided to release films on big screens other than on the OTT platform.
Here is a list of 11 Bollywood comedy movies releasing in 2021:
- Bunty Aur Babli 2: Bunty Aur Babli 2 is a comedy film directed by Yash Raj Films, which is all ready to get released on around April/May, 2021. Saif Ali Khan will be seen playing the role of Bunty with his co-star Rani Mukherjee as Babli. The movie also stars, Sharvari Wagh who will make her debut in Bollywood, and Siddhant Chaturvedi who will be seen as a comedian, in the movie. Makers of the film are hoping that the sequel also will impress the audience like the original.
- Bhoot Police: Bhoot Police is a horror comedy film directed by Pawan Kirpalani, produced by Ramesh Taurani and Akash Puri. The film is all set to release in theatres on 10th September 2021. Arjun Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Yami Gautam, and Jacqueline Fernandez are the lead performers. The poster had already been released with a spooky logline, “Get ready to scream with laughter.”
- Sooryavanshi: Akshay Kumar’s highly awaited Sooryavanshi is all set to hit the box office on 30th April 2021. The film is directed by Rohit Shetty in association with Cape of Good Films and Dharma Productions. Initially, the release date of this movie was 24th March 2020. But due to the outbreak of the pandemic, its release date was delayed to 2021. This one is Rohit Shetty’s third film in cop drama after the success of Ajay Devgan’s Singham and Ranveer Singh’s Simmba.
- Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar: The black comedy Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar, directed and produced by Dibakar Banerjee, was released in theatres on 19th March 2021. The film stars Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra as the lead roles. Arjun Kapoor was seen in the role of a Haryanvi cop, while Parineeti Chopra plays the role of an ambitious girl who belongs to the corporate world whose lives suddenly got some twist.
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Laal Singh Chaddha is an upcoming Hindi comedy-drama film directed by Advait Chandan, with production by Aamir Khan Productions and Viacom18 Studios. The film is expected to be releasing around Christmas 2021. This movie is an adaptation of the American film, Forrest Gump. Aamir Khan, along with his co-star Kareena Kapoor seem to be set to deliver a memorable experience for their fans, yet again.
- Phone Bhoot: Phone Bhoot is a horror comedy directed by Gurmeet Singh and produced by Excel Entertainment to ring the theatres in 2021. The first look of the film had already been released with Ishaan Khatter, Katrina Kaif, and Siddhant Chaturvedi wearing a tuxedo and with a surprise on their face. They will be catching the ghosts in this movie and will make the audience laugh with their comedy.
- Badhaai Do: Rajkumar Rao and Bhumi Pednekar will be seen together for the first time in their upcoming adult comedy movie Badhaai Do. The film directed by Harshvardhan Kulkarni and produced by Junglee Pictures is a spiritual sequel of 2018’s Badhai Ho. Rajkumar Rao is all set in the role of a Delhi cop who is the only police officer in Mahila thana, whereas Bhumi will be playing the role of a P.T. teacher.
- Roohi: Roohi is an Indian Hindi-language comedy horror film produced by Dinesh Vijan and directed by Hardik Mehta under the banner Maddock Films, which hit the theatres on 11th March 2021. In the film, Rajkumar Rao and Varun Sharma played the role of small-town boys, who come across a girl Roohi, played by Janhvi Kapoor. The story revolves around the ghost who kidnaps the brides on their honeymoon.
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is a comedy horror film that is set to hit the theatres tentatively around the middle of November 2021. The movie is produced by Bhushan Kumar and directed by Anees Bazmee, and has Tabu, Kiara Advani, and Kartik Aryan in the lead role. This movie is the Hindi remake of Manichitrathazhu, a Malayalam comedy psychological thriller of 1993.
- Jayeshbhai Jordaar: Jayeshbhai Jordaar is a social comedy film produced by Yash Raj Films and directed by Divyang Thakkar. The film is set to release at the box office on 27th August 2021. Namrata Rao is the editor while Siddharth Dhawan has worked as a cinematographer. The lead actor Ranveer Singh plays the role of a Gujrati man who always believes in equal rights between genders in society. Shalini Pandey starred as the female lead while Ratna Pathak Shah and Boman Irani are in supporting roles.
- Hungama 2: Hungama 2 is an upcoming comedy film directed by Priyadarshan and produced by Venus Worldwide Entertainment. The movie is all set to ring the theatres in mid-2021. The makers had already released its first poster in December 2019. The stars Shilpa Shetty, Pranitha Subhash, Paresh Rawal, and Meezaan Jaffrey are the main leads. Hungama 2 is a spiritual successor of 2003’s Priyadarshan comedy Hungama.