5 ways to reduce bloating after a large meal
However, after eating a hearty meal, most often, the stomach tends to get bloated. So, if this is inevitable then what can be done to ease it off or can it be rid off completely? Well as per health experts there are 5 simple ways one can get rid of bloating. Here is what you can do:
- Keep Yourself Hydrated
- Body retains water after consumption of salty food and alcohol.
- It releases extra fluids to flush out the unnecessary salt and the drink too.
- You need to hydrate yourself that will help you with easing off bloating.
- Consume comfortable amount of water during the day time to avoid bloating afterwards.
- Don’t be a couch potato
- Do not sit on the couch after a heavy meal as it would only add up to bloating.
- Take a power walk to help stimulate your gastric juice and reduce bloating.
- Research has shown that exercise can help with occasional gas or bloating in individuals. Aim for 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic activity every day.
- Consume Lemon Water
- Having lemon shots is yet again beneficial in providing you with fluids in your body.
- Two lemons with equal amount of water and having shots after your meal could be good for you.
- Vitamin C is the best detox agent that your body needs.
- Homemade tea for good gut
- Mix ½ tsp carom seeds and ½ tsp black salt + ½ glass of warm water. Home remedy for better digestion and it helps fighting bloating/ gas too instantly.
- CCF tea or coriander+ cumin and fennel seeds one tsp each, steeped in warm water for 10 minutes is yet another option that helps in fighting digestion/ bloating/ gas related issues.
- Consume Ginger or Chamomile Tea
- Grate ½ inch of fresh ginger in two cups boiling water. Let it brew for about 5-6 minutes till it is reduced to half and then add freshly squeezed lemon to it.
- Ginger tea helps in reducing bloating due to its anti-inflammatory and carminative properties.
- It reduces gas formation in the stomach and stimulates digestive enzymes.
- Chamomile tea is good for fighting bloating, you need to steep the chamomile tea in a cup full of boiling water for about a minute and then remove the strainer and drink it without adding any sugar or sweetener, if you find it odd tasting then you may add honey to it after cooling it off.
The above mentioned are simple yet effective home remedies to help bring down bloating after a heavy or large meal consumption.
However, if you are always complaining about bloating and discomfort in your stomach then it is essential to seek help from a GI specialist who can help you find the root cause and help you with it.
Medical Disclaimer: The information and reference materials contained here are intended solely for the general information of the reader. Patients and consumers should review the information carefully with their professional health care provider. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by physicians. You should consult your physician before beginning a new diet, nutritional or fitness program. The publisher or its management do not claim responsibility of this information.