Fruits That Help Satisfy Your Sugar Cravings
However, binging on sugar or indulging your taste buds with sugary food very often, is not at all good for your skin, hair, weight and body. So, what can be done about it?
We definitely cannot stay away from the sweet addiction for long, but what we can do is include fruits that will help satiate our sugar cravings. This article will explore the list of these fruits.
List of fruits to satiate your sugar cravings:
- Perfectly healthy and nutritious choice that helps with sugar cravings.
- These are sweet but also provide fiber content to your body.
- As low-glycemic fruits, they are a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth without increasing your blood glucose levels.
- Include a bowl of these or indulge in it when you crave for something sweet.
- Berries are said to be infused with plant compounds that are a source of antioxidants.
- Berries have anti-inflammatory properties; these reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes.
- Full of fiber, potassium, and antioxidants, these are your best bet for indulging in something sweet.
- Consume it plain or whole if you want it to be the sweetest.
- For having it as a snack option a teaspoon of nut butter added to it on granola is the recommended choice.
- If you are watching calories then the fresh one is better compared to the dried one.
- One of the best substitutes for sugar craving providing you with much needed fiber content as well.
- You can add a few slices of these to sprouted grain toast and additionally add ricotta cheese to it.
- Infused with fiber and antioxidants it is best to be added to custard to satiate your sugar cravings.
- Add pears to your dessert or bake it for 20 to 30 minutes in the oven at 375°F until tender as you like it.
- Sources of Vitamins C, K and antioxidants.
- You can enjoy it as popsicles, first rinse it and then freeze it.
- Bake them with salt, rosemary, oil and pepper on a baking sheet in an oven preheated at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Raw grapes can be added in a bowl of grains.
- Infused with natural fiber, vitamin C, and bromelain, an enzyme known to help with inflammation and digestion.
- You can eat it raw or freeze it in a cube when you are craving a chilled treat. Any day frozen version is better than sinking your teeth in a popsicles that serves no nutritional purpose.
- These are loaded with fiber, Vitamin A, potassium, folate, and Vitamin C.
- If you crave sweets in breakfast then indulge in a handful of these as the safest option that will definitely satiate your sugar cravings for the rest of the day as you get started.
- You can even add it to your cereal bowl as topper or in your oats for dinner and mix in plain yogurt that will make for a delicious creamy snack for anytime consumption.
- You can fulfill a moderate supply of your daily Vitamins A and C by consuming this fruit.
- The healthiest version you can consume is preparing a peach galette. For this you need to cut it into half, sprinkle cardamom and ginger then grill for 5 mins per side, as it becomes tender drizzle some balsamic glaze and top it up with fresh mint.
These fruits may have been under your radar but often we forget that how natural sugar sources such as these are good to curb our sugar cravings every now and then.
Additionally, these fruits are good sources of several vitamins and score good on the nutritional chart too.
Medical Disclaimer: The information and reference materials contained here are intended solely for the general information of the reader. Patients and consumers should review the information carefully with their professional health care provider. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by physicians. You should consult your physician before beginning a new diet, nutritional or fitness program. The publisher or its management do not claim responsibility of this information.