Revolutionizing Healthcare: Embracing mHealth For Digital Wellness Solutions
In today's digitally driven era, everything is available at our fingertips, so why should the healthcare industry lag behind?
With the advent of technological advancements like wearable technology, digital healthcare apps, and online appointments available in the form of mHealth, it is quickly becoming the go-to option for online digital healthcare consultations.
It is efficient and helps in delivering viable and much-needed health solutions to patients and caregivers immediately. It is fast becoming the latest digital trend that is taking over personalized patient visits due to numerous reasons.
Find out how mHealth is a good option for effective health management.
mHealth or Mobile Health is fast becoming a digital revolution for numerous reasons, which can be attributed to its beneficial uses during the pandemic and its continued upsurge in usage even after the COVID era. These reasons include:
- It is a technologically advantageous solution compared to traditional telehealth options, as mHealth apps provide better disease management that is beneficial for both doctors and patients.
- Automated solutions are available for healthcare.
- Patient records are encrypted due to the sensitivity of the data, ensuring that only physicians can access it.
- mHealth solutions facilitate the immediate retrieval of patient records for reference.
- It is easy to manage a larger online patient population when care options are available digitally.
- mHealth apps enable remote monitoring, telehealth, and patient-centric care.
Benefits of mHealth
- Its utility and usability are the foremost beneficial advantages offered by mHealth apps these days. Users can easily seek telehealth solutions and opt for digital consultations without needing to be tech-savvy.
- Data security and patient report encryption are priorities for mHealth providers, ensuring that records and sensitive information are securely maintained through digital means.
- Users who choose mHealth apps can better monitor their health and manage their healthcare solutions through proactive digital measures, which include suggestions via reminders, interactive prompts, and personalized health plans/goals.
- Online consultations and telehealth options are readily available for patients, reducing the burden of physically visiting a physician.
- Physicians experience less stress in managing a large number of patients, handling patient records, or managing medical data, as everything is available in digital format.
- Scheduling an appointment from the comfort of one's home is the best feature. Additionally, geriatric patients need not endure the hassle of traveling to the physician's clinic.
mHealth Solutions Providers
- BioTelemetry (Philips) offers remote cardiac monitoring solutions to help monitor the heart health of their patients.
- Cerner is the investor in Xealth, a virtual health platform where digital health tools are integrated into electronic health records (EHRs).
- Samsung's Galaxy Watch Series comes with technologically advanced solutions for health monitoring; it features digital health tracking, including ECG and blood pressure monitoring.
- Teladoc has developed digitally advanced healthcare solutions that include an integrated virtual care platform in mHealth.