7 Most Priceless And Coveted Gemstones In The World
However, some others like to break the tradition of having a diamond solitaire, but rather go for a precious gemstone adorned ring that may be costlier and much beautiful than a diamond.
If you still can’t believe it then here is the list of some of the most priceless and coveted gemstones in the world you need to know about.
- The rarest gemstone mineral and is booked in Guinness Book of World Records in 2005.
- Originated in Myanmar, the first specimen ever to be identified under the new gem species was back in the year 1957.
- Only two such crystals were discovered in 2001 and more there on.
- The gem is a bright luster with varied color between brown to red.
- Market price of this gemstone is between USD 50,000 to 60,000 per carat.
- The largest known size of Painite weighs 213.52 carats owned by Dion family.
- This beautiful green gem originated in ancient Mesoamerica.
- In prehistoric times it was used in weapons and items for decoration purposes.
- Chinese hold this gem sacred as it is used for carving in religious ceremonies and useful for medicinal purpose too.
- Priced at USD 30,000 per carat and upwards it is hard to determine its exact value due to its varying translucency.
- Named after the French explorer Alfred Grandidier, the gem is stunning aqua colored and one of the rarest in the world.
- It is hard to cut that makes it difficult to be used for jewelry. Therefore a unique method called cabbing that makes it suitable for jewelry adorning.
- The gem was discovered in Sri Lanka in 2000 and in 2014 in Madagascar.
- The gem is said to be priced at USD 20,000 per carat, as per Forbes.
- Discovered in the Mogok area of Myanmar in the year 2015.
- It is so rare that until 2002 only two faceted were available that were discovered in Ratnapura’s secondary deposits in Sri Lanka.
- Brilliant bluish-green to black the gemstone comes in dark hues.
- Priced around USD 18,000 per carat.
- Found in year 1904 in the Wah Wah Mountains of Utah.
- The gorgeous red gemstone is so rare that it is not found anywhere else in the world.
- The price of the gem increases with its size and the other versions often available in the market are in sub-carat sizes.
- Priced at around USD 10,000 per carat, it is said that one of such is available against 15, 000 diamonds if one is to perceive its rarity.
- Black opals and fire opals are rare as compared to other classes of opals.
- Fire and other colors displayed in one opal gemstone makes it rare and dubbed as noble opals.
- Priced at USD 2,300 per carat.
Pink Star Diamond
- One of the rarest gemstone ever to be found.
- Chow Tai Fook, a jewelry retailer from Hong Kong, was the one to purchase it at a premium price of HKD 553 million.
- The diamond is said to be one of the priciest to be ever sold till date in the gem market at around USD 71 million.
- Weighing at 59.60 carats, priced at USD 1,208,053.69 per carat roughly.