The Sports Cars Owned by Famous Indian Celebrities
A sports car is a car designed with prominence on a powerful performance, such as high speed, acceleration, handling, or enthusiasm of driving. Sports cars were initially produced in Europe in the early 1900s and are presently manufactured by many producers worldwide. It is mainly a small two-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy flexibility, and rapid driving.
Here are eight superfast sports cars owned by Indian Celebs:
- Porsche AG is one of the German automobile manufacturers and is a part of the Volkswagen Group since 2012, with its headquarters located in Stuttgart. It is considered the most successful sports car manufactured globally with its high performance in sedans and SUVs. Porsche’s latest models include Cayenne, Panamera, 718 Boxster/Cayman, 911, Taycan, and Macan. Many famous Indian celebrities such as Priyanka Chopra, Daler Mehndi, and Akshay Kumar own a luxurious Porsche Cayenne. Porsche Cayman S is an amazing sports car owned by the most famous superstar Amitabh Bachchan. It can produce 320 Bhp and 370 Nm of torque from a 3.4-litre NA flat-six engine.
- Audi R8 is manufactured and developed by German automobile manufacturer Audi. It is known to be the first generation of the R8 sports car. Virat Kohli, captain of an Indian cricket team, owns both Audi’s superfast sports model, i.e., Audi RS5 and R8. Frank Lamberty has designed Audi R8 with many unique features, such as a 5.2L V10 petrol engine, aluminium, and carbon fibre body. Its V10 petrol engine can produce 610Ps of power and 570Nm of torque, and its engine is crafted with a 7-speed dual-clutch S-Tronic transmission system that makes R8 the fastest one. In contrast, RS5 is designed with a 4.2 FSI engine rated at 450 PS at 8250 rpm.
- “Supercar of the Year 2015” and the “Best Driver’s Car 2017” were the two titles awarded to Ferrari 488. It is a mid-engine sports car produced by Italian automotive manufacturer Ferrari. The 488 GTB has 3.9-liter twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine capable of taking the car to a high speed of 330 Kmph. It is designed using a 7-speed Dual-Clutch automatic transmission that can produce a torque of 760 Nm and 660 Ps of power. Sanjay Dutt owns this superfast series of Ferrari 599 GTB with a maximum power output of 612 hp, making it the most influential Ferrari series.
- The Lamborghini Aventador derived its name after a fighting bull as per the Lamborghini tradition. It is a mid-engine sports car produced by Italian automobile manufacturer Lamborghini. Lamborghini Aventador is mighty and stylish that offers a maximum speed of 351 Kmph. This car comes with a 7-speed automatic gearbox, covering 0-100 kmph in only 2.8 seconds. Mallika Sherawat owns this stunning Lamborghini Aventador SV2.
- In the second quarter of 2014, Lamborghini launched its Huracan model in the market. Italian automobile manufacturer Lamborghini produces this sports car. Lamborghini Huracan is extremely powerful and stylish that provides the highest speed of 325 Kmph. This car has 7-speed automatic gearbox that is capable of taking the car from 0-100 kmph in just 2.9 seconds. The famous Indian Cricketer Hardik Pandya owns this magnificent bright orange EVO.
- Aston Martin is a British producer of the luxurious sports car. The various Aston Martin sports car models are Aston Martin Vanquish, Aston Martin Rapide, Aston Martin Vantage, Aston Martin DB11, and Aston Martin Valhalla. The Aston Martin Vanquish is fueled with a 5.9-litre twin-turbocharged V12 petrol engine that makes its driver crazy by offering a top speed of 324 Kmph. Its engine is made using a 6-speed Dual-Clutch automatic transmission that can produce a torque of 620 Nm and 565bhp of power. Famous Indian Celeb Ranveer Singh owns a beautiful milky white Aston Rapide.
- Mercedes-Benz is known for producing luxurious sports cars manufactured and developed by German automobiles. AMG GT R and the GT Roadster are the two variants of Mercedes Benz available. GT R is fueled with a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine with a top speed of 302 Kmph. It is designed using Dual-Clutch automatic transmission that can produce a torque of 630 Nm and 660 Ps of power, capable of taking the car from 0-100 kmph in just 3.8 seconds. Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan are few Indian celebs that own the Mercedes Benz range of cars.
- The Nissan GT-R manufactured by Nissan is a powerful and luxurious sports car. Nissan GT-R is crafted with a 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine with a top speed of 315 Kmph. Its 6-speed Dual-Clutch automatic transmission produces a torque of 637 Nm and 570 Ps of power and covers 0-100 kmph in just 3 seconds. John Abraham owned a magnificent black Nissan GT-R and is also the brand ambassador of Nissan.
When taking tight curves at high speeds, a high-performance sports car must be capable of maintaining its straight-line speed. These astonishing looking sports cars that we have discussed are equipped with powerful engines which makes them the fastest machines available in the market. And yes, our Indian celebs are worth keeping such beautiful and powerful machines by their side.